Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More Fun with Hats

We've been having a lot of fun with hats around here these days.

Our new Cape Cod Cutie hats came in the mail and never made it up to the girls' closet. They were too much fun to play with, so they've been living with the toys.
Addie loves walking around with a hat on her head

Who's that little lady in my kitchen?

Checking out what Emily's up to 

Enamored with a baby doll Mama had when she was little

How do I look?
Emily's new "knee walk"...it's the best way to get around!
We took a trip to Michigan for Uncle Mike and Aunt Rachel's wedding this month, and while we were packing, Emily had quite a wonderful time trying on hats!


Mama's hat's just a bit too big

But knee-walking blind is so much fun!

Ah! This hat fits nicely!

Hammin' it up!
Ever since getting back from Michigan, the Cape Cod Cutie hats, along with the zip-up hoodies, have stayed with the toys because hats and zippers are just so much fun.

Last night, I decided to take it up a notch and dedicate an entire bin to "dress up" toys. We have hats, purses, jackets, and the tutus the girls wore when they were itty bitty! When the girls got up this morning, I surprised them with their new dress up box, and the tutus had to go on first, and then the hats came out!
My camera was set on a 10-second timer, so when I snapped this shot, it did a lot a beeping and flashing before actually taking the picture. Emily hammed it up for about 8 seconds, but then started getting confused. Addie started clapping to the beat of the beeps.

Oooo, what else is in here?

I'm ready to go to the store, Mom.

Wait, maybe I want to wear this hat instead.

Hiding behind the couch (where a chair is set up to protect the plant - genius, Daddy!)

Where shall I go today? Decisions, decisions...

Tutu untied, Emily knee walks with a train 

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! And you know how much I love dress up. And I love the knee walk too! Okay, I love it all. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you find the Cape Cod Cutie place? How fun! Addie totally does look like a little old lady roaming around in that shot! Kaia has the same onesie that says, "Mama loves me"

    ReplyDelete