Tuesday, April 17, 2012

We've Got Talent, Yes We Do!

Last night when I was cleaning up toys, I picked up our wooden disk stacking toy and asked Chris if he did this:
He swore he hadn't. Emily has been getting the hang of getting the little hole to line up with the peg, but neither of us had ever seen her stack them according to size. She must have done this while I was making dinner. Tonight, we tested her to see if we could watch her repeat this amazing feat. She mixed up the red and dark orange, but she does seem to be getting the pattern down.

Moments like these fill us with such pride! Watching Emily stack the disks, deliberately choosing which one would come next, was so exciting. I think Chris and I were both ready to climb to the top of the roof to tell the world what a smart little girl we have.


But wait...there's more!


This morning, Addison was in the living room while I was in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast. A suspicious quiet, followed by the crunching of leaves brought me in to find this:
She had used a push toy to climb up onto the table so that she could reach the plant. When I walked in and she saw the surprise on my face, the biggest grin spread out on hers.

Addison has been taking one step away from furniture for quite some time, but on Friday, April 6th, she took four steps from a chair to me. We had spent the afternoon with Enslea, and after Bree came to pick her up, Addie was standing by the front window, saying goodbye to her friend. Then she turned around, and took four steps away from the door. I was so excited I grabbed her up and rushed out to the driveway, where Bree was loading Enslea into the car. I had to share the big news! Then, two days later on Easter Sunday, Addison became a true walker. She was walking 4, 5, and 6 steps all over the place (and receiving lots of cheers from the Nicolls, which probably helped keep her going!) After Easter, though, it was back to crawling and single steps away from safe handholds.

But this morning, that table climb must have boosted her confidence, because the rest of the day she walked in little bursts all day long. We managed to get a little of it on tape this evening.



Emily and Addison are changing, growing, and learning so much and so quickly. They amaze us every day and fill our lives with so much joy. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Emily, you're a genius!!! And Addison, she's ready to go go go! So proud of you, girls.

    ReplyDelete