As these little feet have been moving around faster and faster, the Big Sister toys have become more and more accessible. Sometimes big sisters want to share their toys, but sometimes, sharing is hard.
Addie has been a bit of a hoarder for quite awhile (see this post to revisit the beginnings of grocery cart as stuff keeper) but recently, she has really started keeping her stuff (My buff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) safe from Little Sister's curious hands. The grocery cart has come back as a tool in this game of safekeeping.
Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am a pretty organized person, sometimes a bit on the OCD side. So looking at a grocery cart overflowing with stuff after the kids go to bed just doesn't work for me. So every night I was emptying the cart, putting the toys back in their appropriate bins, throwing away the scraps of paper and bandaid wrappers that made it into the pile of important stuff. After a couple of weeks of this, I tried giving Addie her very own bin for the toy shelf. However, the bin just ended up becoming another item in the grocery cart. Currently, the grocery cart is residing in the laundry room, because that seems to be a pretty safe spot.
This literally made me laugh out loud. I love it! And I cannot believe you have enough energy to clean after your kids go to bed. What is wrong with you???
ReplyDelete