Thursday, September 19, 2013

Addie's in Undies!!

At the end of July (the 24th to be exact), Addie decided once and for all that she was done with diapers. She had been showing interest in potty training for quite awhile, but I wanted to wait until after Elizabeth was born after hearing baby sibling regression stories. Then after Elizabeth was born, I wanted to wait until our lives began returning to some semblance of routine. Even after more normalcy fell into place in our household, I resisted pulling the potty training trigger, having horrible visions of twins running around in soiled undies while I was stuck on the couch breastfeeding. (Or worse, twins running around soiling corners of rooms while I was stuck on the couch breastfeeding). But after receiving lots of potty encouragement from DeeDee, Addie began removing her diaper on her own to go on her little potty, and I started feeling guilty putting diapers back on her when it would clearly be much easier to just give her a pair of underwear she could take off and put on all on her own.

So on the 24th, I woke up with visions of taking Addie to Target to pick out her first undies. The morning, however, didn't quite go according to my daydreams, and it looked like Addie and I were going to be staying home with her two sleeping sisters. I called my neighbor, Courtenay, who has a four-year-old little girl, to see if maybe she could come stay with the sleepers so I could still take Addie out. She was on her way out the door, but offered to drop off a few of Berlin's old "roos" for Addie to start out in. Courtenay and Berlin were so sweet to wrap the undies up in a special red bag, which Addie proudly carried her new undies around in all day long.

It's a big moment!
Lining them all out....so proud!
Oh yeah!
The sisters get involved!
Emily's up and wants to check out the character on Addie's new undies
Elizabeth gets to provide a little potty-sitting entertainment while Addie sucks down some juice to encourage a tinkle.

1 comment: