Friday, September 14, 2012

The Diaper Wars

Addison has known how to take her diaper off for awhile now, but her uncanny undressing abilities really started to become an issue towards the end of August, when she decided she just never wanted to have her diaper on. 

We've tried several approaches. 

Duct Tape.
Who is this zombie child terrorizing my kitchen?
By the way, before becoming a zombie dressed in only a diaper held on by duct tape, Addison was dressed in a onesie and shorts. Not only is she a master at taking off pants, onesie snaps no longer present a challenge.
Think I'm looking cute right now? Just wait til we get home and I get bored!


And why is the duct tape necessary? Because otherwise, she'd be walking around like this, and since she isn't potty trained yet, I just don't don't feel comfortable with it.
Those are her pants tucked under her arm. For some reason she likes to walk around with her  pants and diaper in hand after she's taken them off. Shortly after this picture was taken, the diaper duct tape came out.

On this lucky day, she was taking her pajama bottoms off, but then she was putting them back on!

tah dah!

But on this other rather unlucky day, Chris got so tired of stopping her unsnapping her pajamas, the duct tape had to come back out.

We have one pair of zip-up non-fleece footie pajamas that I cut the feet off of two days ago. I put those on her with the zip in the back, and she has yet to figure out a way to get out of them. Both yesterday morning and this morning, I went in to get the girls and Addison was laying in her crib, perfectly content, and naked from the waist down. Those backwards PJs came out, and stayed on her all day yesterday and today. I do get her dressed when we leave the house, as she hasn't yet become enough of an exhibitionist to strip down in public, but she's very happy being naked at home, so it looks like our backward PJs are going to be on a lot for now.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is hilarious and I bet you don't. Addison is such a problem-solver! How long will it be until she figures out duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Too funny!!! ....for the "outsiders!"

    ReplyDelete