One of my dad's favorite hikes by his house goes up Pisgah. A couple of Fridays ago, we were hoping to make it to the top, but didn't get very far because I didn't know how to get Emily correctly buckled into her pack (it's usually the one Chris wears).
 |
| Something's not quite right, here. |
She was sliding all over the place and kept saying the same thing over and over and over again in between wails of frustration, "guck, guck, guck." I think she was trying to tell me I'd done the buckle wrong. So we didn't make it as far as we'd hoped, but had a very nice picnic under a very nice pine tree and then the girls got to do some real mountain climbing on real mountain rocks. It was quite the adventure.
Before we started out for the hike, Grandpa showed off his bear horn. Here's Emily before and after the alarm was sounded:
Now that I know how the backpack works, I'm hoping we'll get another hike in before it gets too cold!
What a fabulous adventure! Love the picture of all four of you.
ReplyDeleteI know the guck, guck, guck Em! You were a trooper. What a special time with grandpa.
ReplyDeleteAh Jenn! That buckle!!!
Delete