The stump grinder came to take out the last reminders of our aspen trees earlier this month. We were upstairs when we heard the machine turn on and the girls went straight to the window, where they stood, riveted, until the job was done.
They didn't, but I sure do miss those trees! I missed their shade this summer and I missed the sound of their leaves rustling in the wind. But they were dying, and probably wouldn't have given us much shade or rustling this year! :( (The trees came down in April, so it only took FIVE months to get the stumps out!!!) http://paltefam.blogspot.com/2012/04/spring-visits-from-ceecee-and-poppop.html
I love that last picture of both girls! The contrast of light and dark and Addie's face fitting perfectly in the crook of Emily's arm. Great shot Abbey!
Did the girls cry when such lovely trees were ripped heartlessly from the ground?
ReplyDeleteThey didn't, but I sure do miss those trees! I missed their shade this summer and I missed the sound of their leaves rustling in the wind. But they were dying, and probably wouldn't have given us much shade or rustling this year! :( (The trees came down in April, so it only took FIVE months to get the stumps out!!!) http://paltefam.blogspot.com/2012/04/spring-visits-from-ceecee-and-poppop.html
DeleteI love that last picture of both girls! The contrast of light and dark and Addie's face fitting perfectly in the crook of Emily's arm. Great shot Abbey!
ReplyDelete