Friday, July 20, 2012

Toads, Fairies, and Raspberries

We planted three or four raspberry bushes in our garden a few years ago, and this year they've finally taken off. They've spread all over, and we got lots and lots of delicious berries!

One evening after the girls were in bed, I went out to the raspberry patch to do some harvesting.


I was startled by a crunching sound under some of the leaves. I have seen snakes out there before, so I jumped back. But on closer inspection, it was just this little friend.


Can you see him now?


How about now?

The raspberry patch does look like a very inviting place for a toad to make a home. There's plenty of shade and water, and there is nice soft moss and plenty of insects.

Another evening, after dinner but before bedtime, Chris went out to the raspberry patch while I took pictures of our little fairies on the deck.



It was pretty windy that evening, and no matter how many times Addie put her hat on, the wind just kept lifting it right off her head.



Dad brought his bounty up to the deck, and shared with the girls.


Emily begged for more! more! more!

"More!"                                                "Please?"                                             "Yay!"
Thanks Dad!
Another night, Emily had a little too much fun with her raspberries at dinner, and ended up looking like this...


It was all fun and games, until the cleanup!

The sink hose-down

2 comments: