Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Love-Hate Relationship with Sand

The beach by the lake had some wonderful sand, but I usually don't trust the girls around sand.

(**see video, below, taken May 10th in a friend's backyard sandbox. After said video was taken, we've pretty much avoided all sand boxes.)


After repeatedly brushing Addie's full-of-sand hands away from her mouth, being the problem solver that she is, she decided to just put her mouth directly down to the sand to take a mouthful right from the ground. After that, it was sayonara sandbox!

But, like I said, there's a great sandy beach by the lake, and it's pretty hard to avoid the sand if you want to play in the water, so Chris and I got lots of practice catching the sand-eaters, and the sand-eaters got some practice learning not to eat sand.

Addie's poor little intestines had some trouble sorting out all the sand, and Chris captured the struggle well in this perfect shot:


 Followed closely by sweet, tired relief...

why oh why did I eat all that sand?

Overall, though, there was lots of fun to be had in the sand and in the water!

What sand? I didn't eat any sand.

I'm exfoliating my legs, Dad!



1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! This post made me laugh so hard!
    Btw, love that you put constipation on your label. LOL!

    ReplyDelete