Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday Party

I joined a new mom's group through the hospital where the girls were born when they were only about 2 months old. The group met on Tuesdays at the hospital and was open to moms with babies from birth to 6 months old. A group of us with babies around the same age decided to start our own group when we were nearing the 6 month cut-off.

Since all our babies are one or nearing one, we decided to have a big family party to celebrate birthdays. We rented out a community center in one of the mom's neighborhoods, put a giant tarp down, and let the babies go to town with cupcakes.


Emily and Addison play with a few of their friends as the party gets started

As usual, Addie immediately takes off her left shoe before doing anything else

Trying to get a picture of the girls with their friend Lily....I wasn't fast enough!

Emily found a monkey to love

Emily sees cheese...and she wants it
 After we'd eaten dinner, it was time for cupcakes. I was trying to get the bibs on, and I wanted Chris to come over with the camera before letting the girls dig in. Emily was not happy that she needed to wait.
Emily: Zander's coming towards my cupcake! Noooooooo!!!!! 
Emily digs right in, Addison's a little hesitant 

What is this thing? It's kinda sticky.
Emily's more than happy to help Addison finish her cupcake

Can't talk. Eating.



This was the first time we noticed the little hand gesture Addison does at the end of the video. One of the moms suggests she's asking for milk to go with her cupcake. Later that week, as she continued doing the gesture, I took it to mean "I want" She still does it when she sees something that looks good, exciting, or yummy.

2 comments: