How can it be? Almost a year?!?! Time has absolutely flown, even though I've done my best to make it stand still.
One of the best pieces of advice we got before having the girls came from the instructor at a childbirth class. She told us to enjoy each stage because they each go by so quickly. She advised us to try not to think, "I can't wait until (she can sit up, she's done teething, she can walk)" because that time will come before we know it, and we'll be wishing we could go back and experience the time when they were small again. So I've been trying really hard to live in the present, and not think or wish into the future.
Lately, though, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the past year, because they will never be little tiny babies again. But then I remind myself that they will never be 11 month olds again, either, so instead of daydreaming about how little they used to be, I'm focusing on enjoying exactly who they are right now. My current whiteboard quote: "Be intent upon the perfection of the present day." ~William Law
Grandma Recker always said, "Don't wish time away!" She was so right. Time flies even faster as you get older. Love those babies!
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
ReplyDelete