About a month ago, tummy time became a lot more fun because the girls began having the upper body strength to keep their heads up off the floor, so laying them on their tummies didn't lead to immediate frustration.
Emily focuses on keeping that head up off the floor.
On Father's Day (the day before this picture was taken), Emily rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time. For a few months, Emily has liked laying on her side, so I'd seen her roll from her back to her side many times. On Father's Day, I was playing with Callie and Lynne yelled, "Emily just rolled!" and I assumed she had rolled onto her side, but no, she had rolled all the way over to her tummy!
Dad gets down on the floor with Addison to cheer her on!
During this tummy time session, Addison rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time. (She had done some rolling at 7 weeks, but most likely it was just due to frustrated momentum.) After rolling once and getting lots of cheers, we placed her on her back and she rolled again! This happened two more times, making a total of four rolls in a night!
Tummy time is so much more enjoyable now, but here's a look back at the beginning. The girls are 7 weeks old in this video:
That video made me laugh so hard I got teary!
ReplyDelete