Friday, August 20, 2010

Spreading the News!

So we went to dinner with my dad, Lynne, Dylan and Britney, and Grandma and Grandpa Hicks on Wednesday evening and announced the pregnancy. Everyone is very excited. It's dawning on us that all this waiting to get pregnant hasn't just been impacting Chris and I... we've had so many people waiting, and praying, with us! I think it's as much of a relief to our loved ones as it has been for us! It's wonderful to share the news because it really does feel like it's actually happening. I told Grandma Nicoll on Tuesday so that if she runs into G&G Hicks at Windsor Gardens, they can talk about the newest great grandchildren coming into the family.

Britney had used her detective work and had somehow figured out that we were pregnant. She actually brought a baby present - onesies and socks - to the restaurant because she was sure that we were going to reveal the news at dinner! Don't try to hide anything from that girl! Britney is sensing "boy" but she wasn't sensing twins - that was a surprise! :) Hopefully we will find out the sex of the babies at the 20 week ultrasound.

I'm slowly telling friends, too, which is so much fun. Chris and I have already gotten a couple of wonderfully sweet baby cards in the mail. Whenever my friend Jennica greets me with "Mama" it leaves a lasting smile. It's slowly sinking in, this is really happening...we really are going to be parents. It's something we've been waiting so long for, and we're just so happy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Britney knew! A mother's intuition, huh?!!! Crazy! When is this announcement going postal?? (like FB??)

    ReplyDelete