Monday, July 28, 2014

Little Lights

Emily has been so curious and excited about preschool ever since Addie started back in February. I enrolled the girls in a summer fun program one morning a week at a great little preschool by our house called Little Lights. While the summer fun program isn't technically preschool, we treated Emily's first day there as her first day of preschool, because really, why not?
Little Lights is a pretty small school, but I have met so many moms in the neighborhood and around town who send or have sent their kids there, and I've heard nothing but wonderful things. I was hoping to get Emily in for the fall, but they filled up fast and I enrolled her at our second choice, TLC. But we got exciting news last month - a spot has opened up for Emily, so she'll get to go in the fall, which will mean she will get to continue going to a school she's come to love, and she won't have to transition (change is HARD for Emily) to a new school. Yay! :)

Emily's FIRST day of preschool, June 4th, 2014



The big girls have been having a BLAST at Little Lights this summer. They have a favorite teacher, "Miss Shell" (Miss Michelle) and they bring home the most creative art projects each week. Plus, snack is provided and always contains at least 2 food groups, how awesome is that?

Each week there's a theme, and so far this summer they've had:
Exploring Music - There was a keyboard set up and they had fun playing piano
Pizza Parlor - They painted with noodles!
Workshop Days - Hammering golf tees into peg boards, and they came home with door hangers made from popcicle sticks
Art Show - One wall became dedicated to the colorful acrilic paintings the kids created
Sports/Fitness - A ballet teacher came and taught a routine, which included arabesques, which the girls were obsessed with doing across the room, across the yard, anywhere they could, while saying "arabesque, arabesque, arabesque"
At the Beach - They wore their swimsuits, played in water, and ate popcicles
Bible and Drama - They learned how much God loves them

We only have four more weeks left: Culinary Camp, Science Exploration, The Great Outdoors, and Ice Cream Shoppe

I say it every year at the end of July, but I'll say it again. Where did the summer go? It's just zipped right by. I guess we have 4 more weeks, but they'll be gone in the blink of an eye.

While the big girls have three hours of fun fun fun on Wednesday mornings, I have three hours of Elizabeth all to myself. We've been having quite a bit of fun ourselves. That first Wednesday, I took advantage of being one-on-one to let Elizabeth have her first shot at finger painting.
Even with one-on-one attention, some paint got ingested
We had a fun photo shoot outside, and Elizabeth got to play with my phone. Joy!
Love that belly button

Happy Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment