I just have to share this story right away cause I love how smart my girls are.
Addie has been talking so much lately, we have been hearing so much more language from this little lady, and we just love it! Today at breakfast, she was naming the parts of her new princess water bottle, "lello hair, back eckace, boo eyes, pick ips" then she stopped, pointed to the spout on top of Cinderella's head, and asked, "this is?" I told her "spout, it's the water spout." and Emily chimed in with "Spider in there!" At first I was so confused. Spider? Then it came together! The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout! Emily is feeling pretty sick today. Her throat hurts, her nose hurts, she has a fever. But she perked right up to make that connection!
PS The new water bottles came from the gas station down the street. Addie and I stopped to get the car washed after her transition evaluation (to see if she'll qualify for speech services in preschool) and we stopped inside to get a treat because she'd worked so hard during the assessment. She was immediately drawn to the blue princess, but also immediately wanted to get the pink Mini for Emily. I love how these girls look out for each other!
Addie did qualify for services, and will begin her preschool adventure in March. She'll be doing something new without her sister for the first time in her life. We are praying for a smooth transition.
They are smart! And Addie will do great. It'll all be wonderful and exciting. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete