I love watching my kids play when they don't know I'm watching them.
Both Emily and Addison's imaginations have really grown in the last few months. Emily really enjoys playing with dolls, stuffed animals, grapes, or anything else you can make talk with someone else. She likes handing me a toy, commanding me to "play this" and then waiting for me to begin the conversation between my toy and hers.
Addison, on the other hand, has a very private relationship with her dolls. She has quiet conversations between them, sometimes having them talk to each other, sometimes reading to them, sometimes teaching them their ABCs.
When the Nativity was out for Christmas, these figurines became Addison's favorite playthings, and I often walked through the living room to find her lost in a world with her new "dolls."
We talked a lot in December about how Christmas is Jesus's birthday. Here are the girls practicing wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday.
Emily and Addison got to go shopping for presents for Elizabeth this year! I brought several toys they'd outgrown up from the basement, and they each got to choose one to wrap up for Elizabeth for Christmas. Here they are, very excited with their choices...
I love that you had the girls give Elizabeth an old toy. So special and sweet.
ReplyDelete