Sunday, August 5, 2012

Water Play in the Backyard

One hot but slightly overcast Tuesday in early July, I decided it was time to pull out all the stops, go hog wild, and bring out all the yard toys at once and have a big ol water party in the backyard. I haven't done it again since, but re-watching these videos inspires me to do it again before the summer's over. We had a pretty darn good time.

Addie immediately went to her old favorite, while Emily explored the new crabby territory

Crab sandbox (this year to be used exclusively as a swimming pool) and platform slide courtesy of Craigslist

Telling secrets over starfish and watering cans

Lovin' the new slide

Good Ol Waterfall

Ladybug!

This is just the right depth!

Taking it apart, again, in order to figure out how it works

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but are we really going to ignore the fact that Addie was blowing bubbles out of her nose?
    Oh man, my kids would be all over that backyard party. Lucky girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of fun water toys and cute little girls!

    ReplyDelete