We braved the crowds to take the girls to the Rock Creek pumpkin patch so they could pick out their very own pumpkins for Halloween. We found a spot with some nice looking pumpkins to set them down for a few pictures.
Chris cleared a small area of pickers and goat heads, but when we sat the girls down, we realized we had underestimated their ability and motivation for reaching towards poky objects. Chris continually moved the prickers out of the way, but we couldn't move all the dirt, and lots of it ended up getting ingested.
 |
| yes, that is dirt on Addie's fingers and around her mouth, and it's dirt going into Emily's mouth, too |
The dirt, sticks, vines, pumpkins, and prickers were very new and exciting, and looking towards Mom and the camera was not what these girls felt like doing at all!
 |
Emily: This bit of vine tastes devine
Addison: I want to put this stem in my mouth |
 |
| Oh, you're going to try to block me from the dirt with a wall of pumpkins? Watch me scale your wall and get the dirt |
 |
| Finally, I got what I came for |
 |
| I think this is the pumpkin I'd like to bring home |
 |
| Yes, definitely this one |
 |
| Really, Mom? You want me to look at you? |
 |
| While I got the girls back in their car seats, Chris went to pick pumpkins. He chose the one with long "hair" for me. |
 |
| Back in the car after dirt eating, pumpkin picking fun! |
 |
| So happy! (and showing off her two bottom teeth!) |
The Pumkins are so cute! Love the dirt and sticks in their mouths. Can't wait until Christmas!
ReplyDeleteDirt is undeniably awesome. Oh my goodness that last pic of Addison looks like you, Abbey!
ReplyDeleteJust love these pictures!
ReplyDelete