Sunday, December 5, 2010

Doctor Appointment Details

Chris and I went to the OB on Friday. We got to see the girls, but we didn't bring home any pictures. They are both head down and are very close in there. My belly is measuring 34 cm, so if I only had one baby in there, I look like I could be delivering in 6 weeks!

We found out why there is such rapid pummeling on Buttercup's side of my belly...both babies' legs are right there, so when I feel kicking in that spot, I'm feeling four feet, not just two!

Last time we went to the doctor was on November 19th and we went to the perinatologist. We have appointments every two weeks and trade off between the perinatologist and the OB. The perinatologist does very extensive ultrasounds and takes very detailed measurements. When we went to that appointment, Buttercup weighed 1 pound eight ounces, and Bubbles weighed 1 pound ten ounces. The doctor was able to get a good view of their spines, and spent a long time looking at each of their hearts and everything looks excellent! :)

On the way home from our appointment with the perinatologist, we picked up Big City Burrito (their potato and ranch burritos on jalapeno cheddar tortillas are amazing and have been an almost weekly ritual with this pregnancy). When we got home, Chris picked up his super burrito and said, "I bet this is about the size of one of the babies." He put the burrito on the scale and it was exactly 1 pound eight ounces. Our little burrito babies.

My plan is to work until January 14th, two weeks after winter break. The doctor said that by week thirty, I am going to start getting pretty uncomfortable, and working through January 14th will put me through week 32.

Chris is being such a great helper. He doesn't mind making dinner, even if I make it home first, and he has been very supportive when I just need to take a nap or even take a whole day off just to rest and recuperate. What a great husband I have! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that everyone is healthy :)
    I do love those burritos- you guys are the ones that introduced me to them! Thought you were going to work until the 18th. Did the doctor request that you didn't go through that last week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 18th is the Tuesday after MLK day, that's when my long term sub will start! :)

    ReplyDelete