I've been amazed at how much they've learned in just a week. The first couple of classes were mostly made up of blowing bubbles, kicking, practicing a basic crawl stroke, and jumping off the side. I'm very happy with the class because it's only 5 kids with 2 teachers, but I was a little worried that it would be too basic for my two little fish. But after a couple classes of getting used to the water, the kids have started practicing more skills with kickboards, holding their breath underwater (on Friday, Addie was under for 16 seconds!!) and swimming for short distances all on their own!
5/26/15 First Day at the Pool for the Season!
5/29/15 Another trip to the pool. Elizabeth didn't get in during our first trip to the pool, and I was really hoping she would get in this time. She did get in the big pool when I was holding her, but she just sat on the side of the baby pool. She's very content just watching her sisters swim.
6/1/15 First Day of Swim Lessons followed by a pool playdate with our Robb friends
Elizabeth began a "Let's hug Clark" game. Man, these Robb kids sure are awesome.
We started the next day with swim lessons again. Here are a couple videos of the girls learning to kick with kick boards.
Then we had some friends over for a pool playdate, and Elizabeth got in the pool on her own for the first time of the season. She's been a little hesitant around the water, so any dip she'll take is a big celebration.
The next morning, Emily began her strike against swim lessons. Addie got in, though, and she SWAM ON HER OWN!!!
I filmed how her teacher worked on the crawl stroke with her so that I can practice it with both girls at the pool:
The next day, Emily decided to get in for lessons! :) Here she is doing a back float with a kick board:
And here she is blowing bubbles. I think her teachers must have thought she needed some more practice getting comfortable in the water since she'd decided to skip the day before. Little do they know she's an absolute fish and isn't afraid of the water one bit. She just kept saying she was too shy to get in.
The next day, Emily was again to shy for lessons, but Addie and the class got to practice wearing life jackets and they got to jump off the high side of the pool into the deep end. It was quite exiting.
There will be more, but for now it's over and out!
Dale cannot wait to get back in your teeny tiny pool where he feels safe. ;)
ReplyDelete