I'm so very behind on my blogging. Life has been busier than ever lately, and I just haven't taken the time to sit down and sift through the thousands of pictures we accumulate monthly with these beautiful girls. While scanning through pictures tonight, I noticed that I've taken quite a few pictures of my kids sleeping. I love sneaking into their rooms while they're fast asleep, and then just sitting next to their beds to stare at their sleeping faces. They radiate such peace while they're sleeping, and they really do look like little angels. I have a hard time capturing the true essence, but I just keep trying, and these pictures will just have to do one day when I don't have sleeping babes in the house and need something to look back on.
Back in September...
Emily's favorite stuffies at the time, Kitty and Lambie. Emily always has a favorite stuffy or two, and when a stuffy becomes her favorite, it becomes well worn with love. She bought Kitty with her birthday money at the toy store in the spring, and she got Lambie from Uncle Bob for her first Easter. Lambie comes in and out of rotation, as it was one of her earliest favorites. Other favorites have been Ducky, who came from Aunt Cathy and Uncle Eric, and Ball Kitty who came from CeeCee and PopPop. Ball Kitty has spots, and back when she got it and wasn't speaking as clearly, she called it "Spot Kitty" but I kept mishearing her and asking, "Ball Kitty?" which really frustrated her because that very clearly was not what she was trying to say. Eventually, Spot Kitty became Ball Kitty, and I'm really not sure why.
And in October...
Sometime in the fall, I started noticing that every night when I went to tuck Elizabeth in, she was laying with her head on her bunched up blanket. I took this to mean she was ready for a pillow, so soon after I took these pictures, she began sleeping with a pillow.
And in November...
This is a funny sleeping picture from back in July. Emily was beginning to skip naps, even though she really still needed the sleep. She would sit at the top of the stairs, waiting for nap time to be over. One afternoon, I heard Addie wake up from nap and looked up to find Emily had fallen asleep on the top step. We have a fairly steep staircase, and I'm really happy there wasn't any tossing or turning going on in her sleep!!
No comments:
Post a Comment