The other night, the girls were playing out on the deck while we finished up the dinner dishes inside. Emily came bounding in, telling us to come look at the sky. She is my sky watcher, always noticing the colors of the sunsets, the shape and color of the clouds in the sky, whether a moon is present - during the day or evening, and what shape it is. She predicts rain often when she sees dark clouds, and usually her predictions are correct. She loves puffy white clouds, and likes looking for shapes in the clouds. I love this about her, because I feel like sometimes we all get so busy, it's hard to remember to look up and appreciate the beauty that is constantly looking down on us. I love that she is always reminding me to look up.
 |
| Beautiful girl with her beautiful sunset |
 |
| Elizabeth kept pointing at the sky, saying "touch touch" She wants to touch everything new and beautiful. |
 |
| Elsa gloves, they're nearly always on |
Have you looked up today?
I love this. I love what you wrote about Emily. Such beautiful words for a beautiful girl. And I love that Elizabeth wants to touch the sky. And I love the Elsa gloves on Addie. Your girls amaze me so often. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love you my friend! :)
DeleteWas this the October 5th sunset? Because oh man, it was gorgeous. Just amazing.
ReplyDeleteYes Ma'am! It was on the news!
Delete