Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fundraising For the Hastings

It has been far too long since the girls and I have hung out with Nicole and her twin boys Jack and Foster, but she is someone I consider a friend and I love spending time with her and her boys, who are so very sweet natured. Click here for pictures from our trip to the zoo last year and here for pictures from a playdate at Nicole's house. Nicole is due with a baby girl this month, and I have been looking forward to meeting the newest little Hastings and sharing the experience of "twins plus one" with a friend.

Nicole's husband, Phil, has stage IV lung cancer.  Phil, who turned 34 this past May, has been battling an extremely rare form of cancer that has been named after him (The Phil Hastings Condition).  Phil and Nicole have never given up hope for a cure.  Unfortunately, Phil’s health recently took a major turn for the worse and he was just recently referred to hospice.  Phil is ineligible for medical insurance as well as life insurance, and their financial burden has become dire.  

If you feel compelled to, please use the fundraising link above to give a donation. 

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Abbey. Your heart is very big, and we are all really one big family. We'll do what we can. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad. I shared this post on Facebook also.

    ReplyDelete