Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Special Quilt for a Special Baby

Back in February, my mom and sister in law hosted a wonderful baby shower for me. It was a little different than the usual shower because there was crafting involved. My friend Wendy captured the day in pictures, and then posted those pictures on her blog, here.

Starting out with twenty-six letter squares made by good friends back in February, I told myself I would have the quilt finished by the time Elizabeth (back then going by "Olivia") turned three months old.

Well, at the very end of May, just two weeks before her three-month birthday, I did finish this quilt. On the first day of June, I took advantage of a chunk of time Chris was spending with the big girls to take a few pictures of the final product with its new owner.

 
 
 
Elizabeth had just started smiling when I took these pictures, and I was so excited to capture this cute little smile. I also just noticed that this picture captures her with her initials, too!
 

1 comment:

  1. O. M. G.
    That is beautiful! Elizabeth, you are one lucky girl to have such a talented mommy.

    ReplyDelete