Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby

Today the girls were being so cute with Baby Sister, I just had to upload these pictures out of order.
Wendy, I hope these can satisfy your need for a belly shot! ;)
Addie often lifts my shirt to get a peek at Baby. This most often happens around a mealtime, when she is in her highchair right at belly level. Today we were cleaning up after lunch and Addison requested some baby time.


Kissing Baby


Hugging Baby


Meanwhile, Emily was entertaining herself playing peekaboo with a dishcloth Addison had given her to clean up her tray.

 


Then Addison asked for the washcloth back from Emily so that she could clean up Baby.


Addie gave Emily a new washcloth, which made both girls quite happy and excited. Emily then requested some Baby time for herself.


Soon after checking in with her baby sister, Emily's washcloth became a baby. Here she is holding on protectively to her new little bundle.
 
"Baby"
 


And when Emily got down from her highchair, she needed to get baby a passi.


You know, I think this was definitely a string of Kairos moments for  me. Moments I desperately needed. I've been feeling pretty anxious about our upcoming arrival. I know she's going to be a great joy, but it's also hard to imagine doing the work of twins plus a newborn. But the girls seem to be showing me that they are ready to be big helpers when Little Sister arrives.  Thank You Lord!

1 comment:

  1. hehehehehehheee! I love it! Emily and Addison are ready to be big sisters. They are going to have the best time helping mommy.
    And Emily, your baby is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete