Monday, October 24, 2011

Nothing Compares to Special Great Grandparent Time!

The girls and I took a trip to Windsor Gardens last month to have lunch and playtime with the Greats. It is so wonderful to see my grandparents and my babies playing together!
Grandma Hicks with Addie

Grandma Nicoll with Emily

Grandpa Hicks Holds Two Babies!


Titan III Centaur rocket launch with Voyager I (Sept 5, 1977)
Chris recently bought a few pictures of a Titan III rocket launch for Grandpa to sign and give to the kids.  Grandpa worked on the Titan rockets while working at Lockheed Martin as an engineer in the 1970s.  They were used to send the Voyager I & II satellites into space (that studied Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, and Uranus), along with the Viking I & II orbiter/landers that were used to explore the surface of Mars.


Picture of Mars from Viking II Lander
Viking I PEPP-Aeroshell test

The plaque Grandpa received for his work on the project

Here's Grandpa telling about some of the development work he did with the parachute used to drop the Viking lander safely on Mars.



Unfortunately, my camera wasn't cooperating, and the video above cuts out before Grandpa is done telling about his project. When I got the camera rolling again, the show was back on the babies. Addison has really gotten into climbing on anything or anyone around. Here she is climbing on Great Grandma Hicks!

2 comments:

  1. What a great time with the Great Grandparents! It looks like everyone had fun. Glad to see Grandpa Hicks is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my favorite posts yet! Dale loves rockets! Wow! And I love listening to Great Grandma giggle away on the floor. What a delight! Lucky gals.

    ReplyDelete