Chris and I spent New Year's Eve in the hospital because I was having frequent but not patterned or painful contractions. I was put on the monitor and spent a good four hours having my contractions tracked and drinking lots of water. Several tests told the doctor that I wasn't anywhere near labor and wouldn't go into labor for at least two weeks, so I ended up getting a shot to relax my uterus, which stopped the contractions, and we went home. We did get to watch the ball drop on the hospital tv, a New Year's Eve I'm sure we'll always remember!
I went back to work on January 3rd, and on the 5th, I had a doctor's appointment with my OB. After checking my cervix (still closed but shorter than it was at the hospital) and hearing about how work was affecting my contractions, she put me on modified bed rest. She said I could still walk around the house a little, but mostly I should be laying or sitting down. No shopping, no cleaning,
just taking it easy. I tied up most of the loose ends I had at work through email and have been resting at home since the 6th.
Luckily, I have some great friends and family to come help out around the house and keep me company. I am really just overwhelmed at the outpouring of meals and visits. Also, I had another doctor appointment last week and the modified bed rest has treated me well. The babies are healthy and my body is cooperating with keeping them safely inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment